South Korea: Eobi Ice Valley


When I was planning for the South Korea trip, there were only a few items on my bucket list, including the palaces, library, street food, shopping, and Nami Island.. I never expected to include last minute this wonderful place called Eobi Ice Valley. 😍❄

Eobi Ice Valley

It all happened so sudden... I was searching over Klook for Nami Island tour when it popped up and I know in an instant that I wanted to be there... Fast forward to the day that I experienced the serene beauty the Eobi Ice Valley. 

Eobi Ice Valley

Nestled in Gapyeong-gun, a renowned district in Gyeonggi Province, the Eobi Ice Valley is roughly over an hour ride from Seoul. Surrounded by breathtaking landscapes, we were greeted with spectacular scenery - it felt like we were transported in a different world. The feeling was so tranquil, perhaps because of the town's quaint vibe and there were no crowd at that time yet. The structure just simply caught my breath away.

A bit of History

'Eobi' means 'fish flying', which is the name given to the valley (Eobigyegok Valley) since fish can be seen regularly jumping out of the valley's pristine water. At the bottom of the spectacular ice formations, there is a shallow stream. 

Eobi Ice Valley

During our visit, some portions of the area were still covered in a blanket of snow while the stream had a bit of waters flowing at gentle pace (most part of the stream was still frozen).

We only stayed for an hour, but it became one of my favourite destinations in South Korea during winter. Do I highly recommend it? Of course! You can channel out the Korean drama atmosphere when you pose for some photos. 😂



Don't forget to include this in your itinerary on your next winter escapade.

See you again Eobi Ice Valley!



11.02.2024