Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral: High-class Hotel


Love staying in a luxurious hotel when traveling? It's a case to case basis for me.....

Being a budget traveller, I seldom consider staying in a top-rated hotel. Hostels are always the front runner on my list for obvious reasons: cost efficiency and practicality. Whenever I plan for a trip and start looking for an accommodation, this question will suddenly pop out inside my head "why stay in an expensive hotel when you will be out whole day wandering around?" - Exactly!


For this trip, however, I wanted to spoil myself. So I decided to book a room at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral for 2 nights and 3 days (cost around 190 US$).
Aloft is connected to Kuala Lumpur Sentral Station through a link bridge, making it very accessible. It features regular rooms, suites, a gym, an outdoor (rooftop) pool, bar and restaurants.

Was it worth the price? Absolutely Yes!


My first impression.... superb customer service.

It was holiday season so I expected crowd. When I arrived at the hotel, it was a bit early so I thought of just waiting in the reception area. The receptionist offered me a room but at a lower level, and since I preferred high floor I opted to wait until my room will be ready. I left my stuff and wandered around.


After a few hours, time to check my room.... What I saw on the internet was what I got. I booked the Loft King Guest room with a city view and I felt like not going out from the moment I stepped inside ^_^. The room was spacious and minimalist but with the modern amenities.


What I loved about my chic room was the large window overlooking the city. It was such a fantastic view, especially during night time and when it poured (trying to be sentimental ^_^). And oh, I liked the quote at the top the headboard. 

 A flat-screen TV, small couch, study table, mini-bar and electric kettle with complimentary water/tea/coffee are available in the room. 


The private bathroom features a separate roll-in shower and toilet. Basic toiletries are provided along with a hair dryer, slippers, bathrobe, iron and .... more bottles of water.. haha ^_^


The shower and toilet shared the same sliding door, so when one is closed the other cubicle is opened. And errr.... the music note? Yes, they encourage guests to sing while taking the shower. Yikes!


It was New Year's eve when I stayed at Aloft, so they had a countdown event at the rooftop. Both guests and non-guests grooved to the upbeat music by the invited DJ. We were dancing and singing (they were drinking) as we anticipated the fireworks from the top. .... And it was 2019! 


After a fun night at the top, I woke up late.... Arg, wasted some time! 

Since Aloft is linked to NU Sentral Shopping Centre, I roamed around the mall - looked for food and souvenirs. I ended up in another shopping centre for the souvenirs.


The following morning I chilled by the pool and took a dip. The rooftop was well-maintained as the staff cleans the pool and the loungers every single day. I didn't want to leave... T_T


From my room, I could see a few towering skyscapers and landed houses. Ahhhh such a different view from what I see everyday. I felt nostalgic - I suddenly miss home. T_T


Aloft has 4 dining options and one of which is at the second level - Nook, where I passed by every time I go to the mall and back. It serves buffet breakfast and al la carte dining while snacks and pastries are offered at Re:fuel. The hotel has two bars: Mai Bar and W Xyz Bar, which served signature cocktails and wines.


And then it was my last day...not just in Aloft but in KL. My flight was still at night so I decided to kill time in the hotel. Aloft has a huge reception area with comfortable couches and chairs.

I was just reading a book when an unexpected call came in.....work! Arg.. Why can't it wait for 1 more day 'til I go back?! I needed to do an urgent task but I didn't brought my laptop! 

I was thinking of a possible solution when I remembered that Aloft had computer units in the reception area. I asked the receptionist if I can still use it even though I have already checked out... and they are super nice for allowing me. In fact, they assisted me especially when I got hungry and ordered food. A waiter came over while I was working, took my order and served the food on my table. Whew! what a service! ^_^


The entire stay was such a great experience that I will definitely come back. From the facilities to the friendly and accommodating staff, what's more to ask? They can even assist in arranging tours.

It's location is perfect - only a few minutes away from the Petronas Twin Towers and other tourist spots, as well as the famous shopping malls in Bukit Bintang.

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral is indeed a fresh, energetic hotel with an urban-influenced design concept in a coveted location!

Watch out for the part two of this post featuring Aloft's suite room!

Dec' 18 - Jan '19