Batu Caves: A Burst of Colours


I was back!

Yup, I re-visited this popular destination in Kuala Lumpur - the Batu Caves, after just uhmmmm a few months.....

Why not? It was worth it! During my first visit, there were ongoing works outside and inside the caves - I didn't have any idea what these works were but I must see them once done.... and so months quickly passed and I was starring at those steep stairs again. T_T


A burst of colours welcomed me this time! I was so surprised.


The temple on the left side boasts intricate designs and vibrant hues, which quickly attracted guests' attention. And so, be prepared to snap photos with a crowd in the background. >_<


In front of the lake, the temple stands proud showing off its beauty, unique structure and colourful tones - very impressive I must say. I like the colour combination, it's so eye-catching. At the background, the statue of Lord Murugan is peeking promising a more exciting things to see ahead.


And the moment of truth.... It's time to climb AGAIN the steep stairs. My alter ego is begging me to hike for 6 hours than climbing the flights of stairs with around 300 steps leading to the top. Yes I would love to do that but where's the fun of visiting the place without going up? So climbing it is!

But wait... some furry friends greeted us while climbing up! Boots is that you?!


Oh did I mentioned that the stairs are now dressed in different shades from the colour palette? Every painted steps give a soothing and uplifting mood, making the journey to the witch mountain.. I mean journey to the top bearable.


After a few minutes of sweating, catching my breath and uhmmm.. some swearing (peace yah!), I finally reached the top. The view was better this time since the construction was, let's say, completed?, and it's fun to watch visitors of various races enjoying the place.


I just took a quick glimpse of what has been done inside the caves... and viola a new temple was built inside the cave. I let my eyes feast on the natural beauty of the caves as well as the man-made improvements carried out inside.

A sense of contentment filled me while watching people admire the surrounding. Seeing people smile, laugh and enjoy is always a heart-warming experience.

It was a memorable visit this time..... maybe I will be back... uhm not soon though. >_<

Oct '18