Mingle Hostel: Smart Choice


Finding a decent and budget-friendly accommodation in Kuala Lumpur can be overwhelming with so many hotels and hostels available. Let's admit it the whole concept of securing a good one sounds exciting, with just a few clicks you'll get a list of options based on your preference and filtering.

Reading.. reading..reading.. I say this strategy never gets old. Good thing I always read reviews of the hotels before coming up to a decision. And that's why I found a smart choice in KL - the Mingle Hostel.


Situated in the vibrant district of Chinatown, this funky accommodation is just 5 km away from the famous Petronas Towers and about 5 - 10 mins walk from the metro station. My first impression... it looks vintage, then I've learned that the building was built in the 1920s! Wow that is one historical place!

Boasting an industrial vibe, Mingle Hostel features modern shared accommodation and lively social spaces. It has private and dormitory type of rooms. There are dormitories for 3, 4 and 6 (female, mixed and family). I opted for the 6 female dormitory to meet new people. :)


The hostel's interior is pretty interesting with antique decors, wooden furniture, and unpolished walls/ and frames which emitted a homey feeling. Just beside the reception area, there are computers that guests can use to browse the internet. I did used one - just for charging my phone since I left my charger. ^_^


In the middle part of the hostel, there lies an open space which allows the natural light to illuminate the reception and the hallway. It's so relaxing that I can just sit all day here.


The capsule beds are spacious with small storage area, own light and power outlet. For privacy, our bed has its own curtain to isolate oneself.....errr.. to avoid disturbing other guests - I slept super late so my light was on until early morning.


I think some private rooms are located at the top - the loft. This staircase really captured my attention that I had to snap a photo of it. :)


Most rooms have shared bathroom and toilet which are clean. But actually the spiral staircase caught my attention..


It's a good thing that the guests themselves tried to maintain the cleanliness of the shower and toilet.


In terms of security, only those who have access to the gate can get inside the hostel and the rooms. Our key card served as our pass, without it you can't get in... and it happened to me.. ^_^ I left my key card on my bed and went outside.


In addition to being affordable, Mingle Hostel also provides free breakfast! Fantastic isn't? The dining area had a superb ambiance and furnishing. At the dining area, you can chat with other guests while enjoying your free food.



Although I wasn't able to explore the rest of the hostel, I heard it has a great rooftop terrace and bar. Many guests chill and relax at the rooftop bar. The staff were also helpful and friendly which was a plus point for any accommodation.

Overall, Mingle Hostel is a highly recommended whether you travel alone or in a group. Value for money, comfort, great location and clean - all these you can experience at this hostel.


May ' 18