New South Wales: To Sydney, With Love


I don't exactly know what happened. It seemed like magic - maybe this is what they called "love at first sight." The first time I laid my eyes on you, you have captured my heart in an instant. Suddenly, you occupied a space in my heart. At that very moment, I felt my lost soul finally found a home... with you Sydney.


It all happened so fast. I didn't expect to feel this way since I never got interested in you. I could not comprehend how I feel. Yes it was just brief but I think I have fallen for you. During the time, your blue sky made my soul at peace; your little sunshine gave warmth to safeguard my heart from the chilly winter season.


The feeling was new to me - it was unfamiliar. Strange feelings that slowly filled me up. Never have I desired to be anywhere, but everything has changed when I set my eyes on you. You appear modest yet there is something lurking inside you that's very intriguing and worth discovering. Yes I would love to know you more.


I wondered what made you different from the others; what made you so desirable that many would do anything to see you and be with you. Guess the answers are just right in front of my eyes. There are so many things that you can offer to make anyone stay; something unique, nostalgic, dreamy, and promosing.


At first you were somewhat difficult to understand but when you get the hang of it, everything will fall into place. Within a short time, I was able to understand a bit of you - though I am longing for more. I know I've got a long way to go but I am willing to take one step at a time.


You have your own flaws, I know. Pitiful transport, bipolar weather, creepy crawlies, to name a few. You are not perfect but still you won my heart.


I left you with a heavy heart. I want to stay but I couldn't.. In the first place, I didn't anticipate to feel this way. I thought you're just like the rest, I thought the fondness I felt will be gone once I left you. But as the days passed by, I slowly felt emptiness inside knowing that it might take some time for me to see you again. Just the thought of being away from you brought sadness to my heart. When will I get to be with you? Only time will tell.


Trust that you will always have a place in my heart. Maybe, just maybe.... the next time I see you I will stay and no longer have to go. Your beautiful sunset will be forever engraved in my heart and mind. I would love to witness this magical moment again. But until then, I'll continue reminiscing the wonderful memories you have shared with me.

Hasta Luego Sydney!



Aug '16