Melbourne's Treasure: Breathtaking Architecture



Two of the most beautiful churches I have seen in my whole life are found in Melbourne. Guess I can say that I am indeed lucky to personally step foot in these holy places. The architectural structure of the churches are simply mesmerising, that you can't help but appreciate every piece. Although the churches are often packed with tourists, it is still solemn inside letting you pray without disturbances.

St. Paul's Cathedral


Located opposite to the Flinder's Station, the St. Paul's Cathedral is very accessible and is hard to miss. The exterior design is praiseworthy.





It's so peaceful inside that you can spend hours just sitting there and admiring its beauty. In almost every corner, there is something worth checking sharing tidbits of its history and some information regarding the church.




But what truly captured my attention was the music played during a certain time of the day (I think). While saying my prayers, I heard beautiful sounds coming from a familiar instrument. Alas I quickly recognised it - the bamboo organ. After praying, I explored the church and found in the left side wing the bamboo organ. I couldn't believe that this instrument still exists; it is very functional.



St. Patrick's Cathedral


It was like the St.Patrick's Cathedral was calling me when I passed by a road in the city. The church requires a few minutes walk from the city circle tram stop, however, there's a tram that stops nearby the church. I wasn't familiar within the area so I opted to use the city circle tram. From afar, I was already speechless when I caught a glimpse of the church. I couldn't contain my excitement to check it out. Looking at the exterior design, it was more than beautiful - the Gothic Revival architecture caught my breath away.



It was a bit dim inside which added more solemnity to the church. I sat there for almost 30 minutes just admiring the interior design and observing other people. Some visitors immediately explored the church while others took time to say their prayers before wandering inside.


In addition to the classic marble flooring and intricate wall designs, the charming stained glasses have captured the attention of most visitors. They look incredible!



These two churches are truly worth visiting when you are in Melbourne, especially if you are into classic or baroque theme. The architectural designs will surely catch your interest.





Nov '17