Kallang Leisure Park: Speed


What's fun in watching kart racing and drifting? The loud sound of the engine, speed and the tires screeching will really make you turn your head. It was a hot day - the sun was unforgiving but it didn't stop the crowd from enjoying the event outside the Kallang Leisure Park. It was fun!


Kart Racing


Go-kart has been in my bucket list for quite sometime already, and I haven't fulfilled it yet even through the track is just a few minutes away from the office - Go-Kart Zone in Mabolo, Cebu. The Go-kart rental rates are at Php 300.00/single seater and Php 350.00/double seater. Just a few more months and I will really drive a go kart, I swear! ;-)

Anyway, so I have witnessed a Kart racing and I thought it was exciting. Watching the kart drivers speed up trying to outrun the others will make you feel like you're the one driving. With just a blink of the eye, they were gone. That's how fast the drivers were.  






Drifting


I didn't watched the movie Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift but I am familiar with drifting as I've seen this sport on TV several times. So when I heard the screeching of tires from inside the mall, I knew there was a drifting event. Lucky, my best friend and her husband were also interested in this sport so we spent sometime scrutinising who's the best drifter. Oh my, the sound of the tires and sudden brakes were like music to my ear. And one of the participants was able to produce smoke during one of his turns. It made my day...



At the parking area - beside the drifting track, we saw some of the most luxurious and expensive brands of (sports) car including Rolls-Royce, Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz. Oh how I would love to touch them but I was worried - you know I might leave a scratch. Yikes! These are very pricey so for your eyes only.  :D

It was such a wonderful day watching the event. See you next year?