Southern Ridges: Hike!


I have always been in love with hiking. I have trekked a few summits in Cebu - both difficult and easy. Then, I had the opportunity to hike one of the most interesting trails I have seen - the Southern Ridges. It consists of 10-km green, open spaces connecting Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, HortPark, Kent Ridge Park and Labrador Nature Reserve. Hikers have two options either to hike on the ground trail or on the top trail (nice view).  I think there's a similar trail in Malaysia - added on my bucket list. ;-)

southern ridges trail


.... My knees shivered when we reached the Henderson Waves, which stands 36 metres above the Henderson Road. Whew! I swear I'm not afraid of heights.. It's just that whenever vehicles pass the road, the bridge shook a bit. But the structure is undeniably strong and reliable, so there's really nothing to fear. Blame it on my imaginative mind.. haha.


henderson waves
Photo Credit: www.yoursingapore.com

Watch out for my complete post regarding my hiking adventure at the Southern Ridges.

Ciao!