Sky Walk Extreme: Shiver


Extreme adventure never fails to catch my interest. I love trying out different nerve wracking activities. In fact, I can go bungee jumping at the Macau Tower (or Niagara Falls) but it's too expensive. Too bad!

One of those heart-stopping adventures on my bucket list was the Sky Walk Extreme at the Crown Regency Hotel and Towers. Many of my friends have experienced the thrill of this activity. And then it was my time to try it..


sky walk extreme

What is Sky Walk Extreme?


In this activity, you will walk around the translucent glass flooring (there's an aluminum part) on the edge of the 38th floor of the Crown Regency Hotel. It is deemed as the first ever Sky Walk Extreme in the country. 

Was I scared? Well.. uhm.. Looking at the vehicles down from the 38th floor.. it'll truly make your knees weak, err.. shake. But it's worth it! From the top, I saw Cebu's uptown area at it's finest. Though you can try this activity anytime of the day, I would suggest during the nighttime. The view is magnificent. On the other hand, should you wish to see the beauty of the Cebu, do the walk during the day. 


sky walk extreme
nighttime view of the uptown area

Want a memento from this experience? No problemo! The guide has a camera and will direct you where to pose and how to pose. Yes our guide asked us (oh wait just me) to sit on the edge of the flooring. Holy goodness! I felt a tingling sensation on my feet! The signature pose of most guests is the one leg balancing pose on the edge. Yikes! I did it but I didn't took the picture. :D 


Is it Safe?


Yes it is! So far there's no untoward incident reported. Before you can step into the platform, you will be provided with an overall suit, shoes and of course safety harness. The harness is attached into a cable around the floor, so you can drag your harness around without hassle. Most importantly, there's a short briefing just before the activity commence.



sky walk extreme
towards the downtown area

Overall, the Sky Walk Extreme activity was fun. However, it's more fun and enjoyable if you are in a group so you'll have someone to tease, to laugh with and to scream with. Sadly, I was alone because my friend wanted the Edge Coaster. When it comes to rate, it was worth Php1,000 including a dinner buffet. I heard there's a massive discount when you stay at the hotel.

I will definitely try it again! And this time with friends...

Crown Regency offers several other jaw-dropping activities. Just visit Crown Regency website for information.



Experience more thrilling adventure in Cebu when you visit the city.





Jan. '14