HEM Apartelle: Clean and Affordable Stay in Vigan



Is Vigan City included in your must-visit places bucket list? Why not when it is considered as a world-class tourist destination in the Philippines. UNESCO declared Vigan as a World Heritage Site. Not only that, the city was named one of the new seven wonders cities in the world. Thanks to the well-preserved Vigan Heritage Village, specifically the Calle Crisologo, as the city continues to lure hundreds of visitors.

Looking at the centuries old houses (built during the Spanish colonization), cobblestones streets and the kalesa (horse drawn carriage), one can get a piece from the Spanish time.

Now the question is, where can you comfortably stay in Vigan without breaking the bank? HEM Apartelle is a good option!


vigan hotel



The 3-floor apartelle is strategically located near the Calle Crisologo - approximately less than 5 minutes walk. Now how cool is that? It is just along the road so finding it is never a problem.


vigan hotel


What I like about this accommodation is that it's pretty simple - no lavish ornaments. I kinda liked the solid wood stools - they looked so ancient. *wink.

The receptionist was friendly too. So my first impression of the apartelle was good.

The room that I got cost Php 600. That said, I didn't expected anything. All I needed was a comfortable bed to sleep on and a clean restroom.


vigan apartelle
my room.. 21 - my birthdate! 

The guy at the reception area showed me my room, which was on the second level. When he opened the door, I was surprised to see the inside. Then he left me. I examined the room. It was so spacious! I thought the room can accommodate 6 - 8 people (of course some will sleep on the floor).


vigan bedroom
my spacious room!

I liked it that it had minimal decoration, so nothing could distract me. I usually ended up checking the decoration inside the room, if there are,which can take much of my time. haha. The wooden furnishing added a traditional touch to the pure white theme of the room.


vigan apartelle
I super love the blanket..

My room had a flat screen television with cable connection. Perfect! I had a huge cabinet... that I didn't use. Maybe because I was dead tired that my imagination run wild - closet scenes from horror films suddenly flashed into my subconscious.Yikes! I wasn't scared though. ^_^  Anyway, my room had a bedside table and another table with chairs!


vigan hotel



The room was fully air conditioned, which helped me fell asleep right away. 



vigan



I continued scrutinizing my room. Pardon my OC-ness



vigan hotel
the rest room..

I was so glad when I saw the rest room. It was big, and everything functioned properly.



vigan hotel
shower..
But what caught my attention was the rest room flooring. It was made of different types of stones that where polished. It looked so amazing. I felt like I was in a river bank. haha


yah that's me after a stroll 


Overall, I was truly impressed with how clean and tidy my room was. For only Php600, I got to sleep in a comfortable, soft bed. 

And the best thing is, it's just a stone throw away from Calle Crisologo. The apartelle is perfect for overnight or two (more) nights stay in Vigan. It's affordable, clean, safe and absolutely accessible. I must say it's one of the budget-friendly accommodations in Vigan. I highly recommend the HEM Apartelle! 

Did I enjoy my stay? No doubt about it!



Have you stayed in this place?





July '14