Harmoni One Hotel: Inexpensive Luxury in Indonesia


Feelin' tired and stressed out. I thought of a great way to rejuvenate myself - travel! I needed to relax, to unwind, to think, to enjoy. Before, I visited Thailand and Malaysia from the Land of the Lion. And this time from Singapore to Batam in Indonesia.  Here we go!!!

When we stepped foot on the island, the weather didn't cooperate. The sky was dark, the rain was unforgivable. Honestly, I didn't expect much from this trip. All I needed was an escape.

We had our lunch first then started our Batam itinerary. Yeah we enjoyed our activities, but there's one thing that made the trip truly awesome! Our accommodation - the Harmoni One Convention Hotel & Service Apartments.

The Facade


harmoni one




The huge lutos ornament just in front of the hotel was indeed noticeable. It sit at the center of the fountain. There were large posts with beautiful carvings lining at the entrance of the hotel.


harmoni one


The Lobby


We went directly to the receptionist to check-in. I was astound as to how grand the hotel was. The lobby looked so lavish with the dim lighting effect and the classy furnishing.

harmoni one lobby


Another good thing about Harmoni One is that they don't have one or two receptionists; rather they have six receptionists with respective tables who are truly friendly.


harmoni one lobby


While waiting for our assigned room, I wandered around the lobby. It was so clean and spacious. The overall theme of the hotel slowly sunk into my brain... then t'was time to check our room.


harmoni one


The Room


The room was nice. We had two single beds and a small lounge bed with table at the corner, beside the window. I actually don't know how to call it. But I was glad about it cuz' it was a perfect spot to have coffee or tea, which my bestfriend and I did the following morning.

harmoni one room


Just like other hotels, we had flat screen television with cable connection, fridge and water heater. We even had complementary food on the fridge. weee!!!


rest room


I admit, I am meticulous when it comes to the rest room. So I checked it out right away, and was satisfied with what I saw. It had glass paneled shower, bathtub, toiletries and blower. Perfect!

bathtub


The Amenities


Restaurant:

It was dinner time. Since we didn't want to go out of the hotel, we opted to try the food in their restaurant. And we didn't regret it. The food at Harmoni One restaurant was undeniably delicious. The ambiance was also incredible, especially those two elephants at the entrance. :D

harmoni one restaurant



harmoni one restaurant
my bestfriend Myrna and I, photographed by her husband, Feluen :-)


After our sumptuous dinner, we roamed around the lobby.  Someone was performing at the lounge area. A guy played the piano while the lady serenaded the audience. So relaxing!


Lounge / Bar:


harmoni one bar


Just beside the lounge area was the bar. We wanted to have a little drink, but their available drinks were too strong, for us.. *wink. Then we saw the game room opposite of the bar.

Game Room:


harmoni one game room
the love birds.. fighting for the win!


We informed the receptionist that we wanted to use the game room. There were different types of games that guests can enjoy, including computer games. We played foosball. And we were so noisy. haha Then we played dart, but other guests started to join us inside the room. So we decided to give them chance to enjoy the games we played.


Lounge:

harmoni one lounge


When we passed by the lounge area, we realized that the performers where done. Tsing! a bright idea came in! .. My bestfriend played the piano (sort of) and I grabbed the microphone!. hahaha... We were just supposed to take pictures, but got carried away. oopss.. then later we found out it wasn't allowed! Oh well, we've done it. yikes!

Roof Deck:

At the roofdeck, there's this patio where guests can savor the view of the hotel's surrounding.

harmoni one roof deck


The architectural design of the roof deck confirmed my instinct about the hotel's theme. It was indeed Greek inspired! I could imagine the ruins in Greece.


harmoni one roof deck


Swimming Pool:

We wanted to dip on the pool. Unfortunately, we didn't brought swimming attire. Yes we did not expect it. The location of the pool was a picture perfect with those posts on the sides. Arg!


harmoni one pool


Gym:

Anyway, since we were not able to swim on the pool, we decided to stay fit by going to the gym. Oh well, we also needed to get so hungry because we're going to have buffet for breakfast. lol

harmoni one gym


We warmed up by doing yoga and stretching. We used the treadmill and the stationary bike to sweat. After an hour at the gym, Time for breakfast!

The trip was more than what I expected. My body and soul were invigorated. Thanks for the experience! ;-)


Side Note:

With all the great amenities at the Harmoni One Hotel, I will definitely recommend this hotel to those who'll visit Batam. It's worth the price. I could say that it's one of the best hotels I have stayed since I was bitten by the travel bug. Great customer service, heavenly food and an inexpesive luxury experience in Batam, Indonesia.

Kudos!



Meanwhile, if you're visiting the Philippines, there are a lot of inexpensive yet luxurious hotels you can find via Manila Guide.



May ' 15