Baguio Village Inn: Budget Accommodation


Baguio wasn't listed on my bucket list. But when I realized that I'll have a 5-day trip to the Northern part of the country, I told myself why not drop by in Baguio. And since it was an additional destination, I had to reassess my budget.

I started searching for cheap, comfy and clean accommodation in Baguio. There were lots of hotels available, but I put into consideration the location. And so I picked Baguio Village Inn.

Location wise, it was perfect. From the Inn, the Burnham Park was just less than 10-min away. And from the Burnham Park, other tourists destinations are easy to locate.






The Inn is just along the road, so it's really easy to find it. And I have read a few posts about this accommodation in the City of Pines.





There's a parking area outside the inn. The entire building is made of wood. Yes the Inn looked old from the outside, but wait 'till you get inside.





The main entrance of the inn has their signage with the contact information.


Looking at the wooden door, I kinda got an idea on what to expect inside the inn. 

reception area

Paintings, wood decors, wooden chairs welcomed me. They were all properly arranged inside, which made the interior so pleasant.

The whole building was made from wood. And since the wood element usually amazes me, I quickly liked the place. It had a Spanish inspired interior.

restaurant

My room was on the first floor. And we had a communal bathroom and rest room.

my room


The hallway on the first floor.

that's my room

The room assigned to me was just small but clean, from the floor to the ceiling.




I had a single bed with soft bedding, which was a plus point. Inside the room were cabinet, chair and table. Nothing really much, but it was okay since I only needed a place to sleep for a night. And considering that I was out the whole day, no fancy room needed.



For Php300, I could say that the accommodation is perfect for a budget traveler.


Bathroom

The communal bathroom had a signage "El Bano", which strengthened my notion that the house was built way back in time, maybe during Spanish period.

bathroom

Whenever I checked-in in a hotel, the very first part of the room that I usually checked is the bathroom/restroom. I don't mind if it's small and not too fancy as long as it is clean. 

And Baguio Village Inn didn't fail me. Their bathroom was clean.

rest room

The rest room has the signage "La Toilette", which made me pondered a bit because I think "toilette" is a French term. Oh well, it doesn't matter cuz when I opened it... the blue hue caught my attention. Yay, so cute!

blue themed restroom

All in all, my stay at Baguio Village Inn was okay.At a fraction of the cost, I had a good place to spend a night in Baguio. The only drawback that I experienced was the footsteps I heard every time guests walks by, since the floor was made of wood. But it was fine.

The staff were also nice and very helpful in directing me where to go. Will I recommend Baguio Village Inn? Absolutely without a doubt.

A big thank you to the staff who were so nice to me from the day I inquired to the day I left Baguio.






July '14