USS 2015: Hot and Trending

The Universal Studios Singapore has always something fresh to offer to all the guests every year. This is why many people never get tired of visiting the place, and yes that includes me. 

In 2010, it was my first visit to Singapore and it was also the opening of USS, but with only few rides... Then it took me 3 years to finally experience USS.


that's me at USS in 2013 ^_^


On my first USS experience, I've tried several rides both spirit lifting and kid friendly. For SGD 74 (PHP 2421) adult price, you'll get unlimited rides. Isn't that fun?

So what's trending in USS in 2015?


Battlestar Galactica Reopen


Photo credits to  http://traveldelight.biz/

Do I hear some cheers? Yes the Battlestar Galactica is scheduled to reopen in 2015 - no definite date, still a mystery (will give update). In 2013, the head-spinning roller coaster was closed again (the second time, I think) for technical review. Many thrill-seeking guests were disappointed, including my friend Camille, when it wasn't available that time. Meanwhile, I admit I was a bit relieved after I saw how it looked like. Yikes! I think I'm gonna faint.

After the suspension, the Battlestar Galactica: Human vs Cylon is expected to bring riders to the next level of roller coaster ride with new trains. There are two roller coasters consisting the Battle Galactica: Cylon (blue track) and Human (red track).



Cylon is perfect to those who want to pass out (just kidding).. I mean to those who prefer to feel real thrill. The coaster performs lots of intense maneuvers, turns and inversions, including zero-g roll, corkscrews, Cobra roll and vertical loops. It also plunges into 16 feet deep pit with an artificial fog effect. Riders are suspended with legs free. Yikes!



Human is ideal to those who want to experience roller coaster without inversions. Okay I think I can do this. However, the coaster can go up to 90 kph speed at some point, which is faster than Cylon. Oh!

Now according to hearsay, the roller coasters are being tested at a higher speed. Oh again! And nets have been installed below to catch falling objects.

So are you excited? Just hang on there.. It'll be open soon. Will I try it? Uhm.. I'll think about it. lol


Puss in Boots' Giant Journey Opening


Photo credit to http://lukeandthetempleoffun.blogspot.com

Are you a Puss in Boots fan? If yes then this ride is for you. The Puss in Boots' Giant Journey ride is set to open in 2015 (still no date). But it'll surely be another hit, especially to kids.


Photo credit to http://lukeandthetempleoffun.blogspot.com

The concept of the ride resembles the great escape from the Great Terror's tower after stealing golden eggs. The ride vehicle is designed to look like the cart used in the film. So what's install during the escape? It's for you to find out. ^_^


So these are just two of what's hot in USS in 2015. I heard there are new offerings in USS, but it'll be in another post. *wink. You can expect more to come.

Can't wait to be back! See you soon...



For the latest updates on the events happening in Singapore or the where/when/how, please visit YourSingapore. You can find everything you need to know about traveling to Singapore on this site.