Solo Adventure Pt 2: !Vamos a Vigan!


I've heard a lot of things about Vigan. So when I got the chance to visit this place, there's no turning back even if I was alone! And there I was strolling .. on my own in a very historic place.

My first stop in Vigan was the infamous Heritage village specifically the Crisologo Street, which was just at the back of my hotel. 



Crisologo Street by day

I meant to check out the said street when the night falls as they say that Crisologo's real beauty comes out at night. But I was already there, so might as well start my sightseeing.




I strolled around. There were many tourists too. Standing in the middle of the street made me feel like I was transported back in Spanish era. The Heritage village is indeed a treasure to us Filipinos. Old buildings and houses.. It was nostalgic.

Souvenir shop

But then reality hit me. I was in the present time and super hungry. haha.. I continued walking hoping to find a place to fill my hungry stomach. And my savior in Vigan was Mang Inasal fast food chain. I hurriedly came in and ordered my food. I felt like the world started turning - actually I was already a bit dizzy. Food!I need food!

After a delightful dinner, I explored more the Heritage village.


wanna sit here????

Is Crisologo Street really captivating at night? Indeed, it was true. I was awed. The yellowish lights along the road added more drama and historic effect to the street. 

.I did.. oh wait it's a different seat.. haha ^_^

I took some pictures and bought some souvenirs. Night strolling was a perfect time to see Crisologo at its finest. In simple words, it is breathtaking. Later, I decided to go back to the hotel. Time to rest (actually I had work to do).


where I am again??? hihi Crisologo by night..
Oh yes! definitely I love Vigan!

The following day, I woke up early and prepared everything before I started exploring the place again. I hailed a tricycle to bring me to Baluarte - a famous zoo in town owned by Chavit Singson. 

I asked the driver how much would it cost me, he told me it's Php 50 but I told him I wanted him to wait for me. So he said it's going to be Php100 for an hour. I informed him that I don't intend to stay long that I just wanted to take pictures. Then he offered me a tour to different destinations in Vigan for Php150, one hour. He knows that I need to go back to the hotel after 2 hours to check out. So I accepted the offer thinking it was reasonable.


welcome to Baluarte!

At Baluarte, I took pictures of the animals. It was a huge zoo and free - no entrance fee, you just need to register your name. Visitors can ride the pony for free. But what attracted my eyes were the dinosaurs. I felt like a dwarf underneath them. Amazing! 


oh shooottt! what are you doing in my native land??? 
keep calm and ruuuunnnnn!!!!!
easy kitty kitty... ^_^

Actually, there were only few species of animals in the zoo, such as parrots, ostrich, pony, deer, horse, goose, and of course, tiger (pet of Chavit Singson). There was also a butterfly sanctuary but I was not able to visit it because I was in a hurry. Arg... I wanted to ride the calesa and see more but I had limited time. After a minutes, I decided to go. 





Our next destination was the Encantadia or popularly known as the Hidden Garden, my driver took some photos of me outside. The place was a paradise! I couldn't even think of words to describe the place. There were so many plants including bonsai - which I didn't get to see because I was chasing time. The staff was nice and helped me around. He offered to take pictures of me.  I love the plants.. I wished I could have stayed longer and explored every corner of the garden.


can I bring you all to my house?



There was a restaurant inside the garden with a unique setting and motif. The staff showed me their restroom and I was stunned. It had a glass wall on one side with a stunning view of the garden. haha.. I bought a souvenir on my way out. 


cozy restaurant...
 restoom?..

Someday I plan to go back to see the inner part of the Hidden Garden. If you love nature, this place is a must visit.





My guide took me to a pottery factory and to the Crisologo Museum. I just took a quick glimpse then travel to our final destination - Bantay Church Bell Tower. A mass was going on when I arrived. I took quick shots and stayed a bit to pray. The Salcedo Park was just across of the church. At the park, there is a dancing fountain show every night from 7:30 - 8:00. 


Bantay Church Bell Tower..
A Dancing Fountain Show every night at Plaza Salcedo...

Nearby the church were fast food chains aligned, I had my lunch at Chowking - just in front of Salcedo Park. After an hour, I headed back to my hotel and checked out. I rode a tricycle to Partas bus terminal. And off to my next destination....

Astala Vista Vigan...


Tip:

If you are planning to visit any foreign place, be sure to do a research about where to stay, where to eat and what to see to avoid hassle.

July 12 -13, 2014