Coron, Palawan: Enchanting Paradise Pt. 2



Island Hopping - Day Two

Day two and three of our Coron trip were filled with water activities - snorkeling and swimming. First destination was the Siete Pecados. It is a group of seven islets, which housed a rich marine life. This marine sanctuary, for me, is one of the best destinations in Coron. Sadly, we didn't have an underwater camera; hence, we were not able to take pictures of the habitat under those sparkling blue-green water. But since we have our snorkeling equipment, I/we have witnessed how beautiful those marine creatures living in an unexploited environment. 


Siete Pecados 
Siete Pecados
The Kayangan Lake was our second destination. Our boat docked and we gathered for a brief orientation and reminders. After a few minutes, we started trekking toward the location of the lake. Compared to Mt. Tapyas trek, the Kayangan Lake was a bit challenging as it does not have cemented steps. The trail was rough - just made from rocks and soil; but I found it more interesting. 




We segued to a cave and a cliff where we saw the entrance of Kayangan’s cove. Looking at it from the cliff’s edge caught my breath. It was a picturesque sight that I don’t know how to describe it. No wonder why it's used for the Philippine postcards. 



After the climbs, we descended into the lake area. The water was so pristine that you can see small fishes swimming underneath. There were benches on the side, just above the water. I stayed there and took pictures while my friends enjoyed the water. Later on, we headed back to the beach for our lunch.

Kayangan Lake

 Kayangan Lake
For our lunch, we were served with a variety of sumptuous, seafood dishes. Oh so yummy especially the crab, my favorite. We rested for a while and talked with other tourists.



Our island hopping continued. We visited other destinations including the Twin Peak, Barracuda Lake, Hidden Lagoon, Coral Garden and CYC beach. While we were in Barracuda Lake, I found out that our tour guide was selling waterproof casing for mobile phones. So, I bought one for my smartphone. 

At Coral Garden I was able to use the waterproof casing and took some underwater shots.




While staring up at those, my subconscious mind said "what if they'll collapse"..arg. erase!

CYC beach

The CYC beach was our last destination for the day. We were so dead tired when we get back to our apartelle. 

sunset at CYC beach


Day Three


On our third day in Coron, it was my birthday! woho! Happy Birthday to me! We traveled about an hour to reach our first destination - the Bulog island. 

It was superb - the white sand and emerald water. I wore my life vest and enjoyed the water. One of our boat men assisted us (ehem! since I don’t know how to swim). He took my friend and I to a deeper part of the sea where we could see a variety of fishes and corals. Unfortunately, the surge was strong making it hard for me to capture decent images.


Bulog island
Bulog beach

It took us another 30 minutes to get to our next destination - the Banana Island. The beach was a-ma-zing! White fine sand, native houses and coconut trees. Wait a minute! I thought t’was Banana island? How come I did not see any banana? hihi. 

Anyway, the coconut trees scattered everywhere. And the best part, there were hammocks tied to those coconut trees. I hurriedly occupied one and rested. Minutes later, we were called for our lunch. 




After eating, I went back to the hammock only to find one vacant. So, my friend and I shared it. I was about to fall into a deep slumber when our guide told us to get back to the boat.

Banana Island

Our final destination was Malcapuya beach. Another 30 minutes travel from Banana Island. From a far, the Banana island absolutely looked lovely. 

Since day one, I’ve heard from locals that Malcapuya is the ultimate destination in Coron. A must see island. I wanted to see it for myself why it's famous. And then I saw it. I couldn't find a perfect word to describe the beach or the entire island. It is simply wonderful. 


Malcapuya island
We grabbed our snorkeling equipment and headed to the beach. What truly amazed me was that even on shallow part of the beach some fishes were there. 

Our guide borrowed a small boat to bring us to a particular spot where we could see many corals and more fishes. As we paddled to that spot, the rain suddenly poured. But it never hindered us from exploring the place. We got off from our boat and snorkeled. I even took a video underwater. Aww… it was superb. I fell in love with the island, the beach, the water and just everything about it. 



White sand beach, Malcapuya

Here's my underwater video at Malcapuya.



But it was almost 5 PM and we needed to go back considering that we have to travel 2 hours to get back to Coron town proper.

And so, we bid farewell to Malcapuya beach. I rested on the front part of the boat observing and savoring the wonderful scenery. I truly enjoyed everything we did during that day - during my birthday. On our fourth day, it was time to go home. A van picked us up in our apartelle and took us to Busuanga airport. 

Bye Coron, till next time.





October 19-22