Plantation Bay Resort and Spa: Pure Pleasure

Have you gone to Plantation Bay?

When talking about the best hotels in Cebu, Plantation Bay Resort and Spa never fails to make it on the list (if not on top). That is why a lot of people want to experience a getaway in this resort (including me). However, it is a 5-star hotel which means the rates are sort of higher than the others, though they have promo once in a while.

I was thrilled when I found out that my best friend (and her husband) planned and got a reservation in the hotel. And the best part, she invited me to come over. woho!

Plantation Bay is just a few minutes away from my house. I opted to get a cab to avoid any hassle.


The main entrance.. t'was dark.. 

I was stunned when I entered the vicinity. Mangroves grew on both sides of the road going to the main entrance of the hotel. Unlike other hotels, you can't see towering buildings rather different villas erected in various parts of the resort. The reception area is wide and open with wooden furnishing. Even at the reception area, one can already feel homey and serenity.


Reception Area (it was already dark when I took this photo)
If you are not staying overnight, you can still enjoy some of the amenities at Plantation through day use, which costs PHP 2,000. 


Bamboo plant
After I got in and met my best friend, we wandered around (and took pictures of course). As we roamed, there were few things I noticed. Firstly, there were huge pools everywhere. In front of our room was a medium sized one. But in the middle of the resort were huge, several pools meant for different activities.  There's a spot for kayaking, playing water volleyball and other water sports. Wherever you turn, there's a pool so you have options where to go swimming. Another thing I noticed was the landscape. Trees and plants were everywhere! These lush green plants were pleasing to the eyes.


Some of their rooms/villas
Speaking of swimming, we decided to dip for a few minutes. We changed outfit and looked for a perfect spot. We chose the pool with less crowd. Unluckily, my waterproof camera was broken so I was not able to take underwater shots. What surprised me was the pool water. All along I thought it was fresh water but it wasn't. The flowing pools were in fact salty water. Thus, you are just like swimming on the sea without the sea creatures. When it comes to safety, there were lifeguards on duty. 


Clear water
On the other side of the resort was the beach where you can enjoy water activities that required bigger area like jet skiing, para-sailing, banana boat ride, etc. You can sun bathe under the sun on the white sand shore. Or just relax under the shade staring at the sparkling, crystal water.


Just trying out their man-made islet ^_^
If you do not want to get wet but would still love to enjoy the place, you can check out their gaming area, play billiards or do wall climbing. When your feet got tired of walking around, there are bikes you can use. Oh the amenities are endless.


Bikes are available for use.
But mind you, Plantation is not just for getaway. I have a not-so-closed friend who got married there. I was amazed when I saw her picture; she walked down the aisle .. err no, I mean she elegantly walked in the middle of what seemed to be a pool. And at last, I personally saw that spot. Indeed, it was a lovely place to tie the knot. In fact, there was a wedding celebration when we got there. The resort is likewise a great place to held different occasions like corporate events, team building and parties.


Perfect aisle for a wedding
Aside from the beautiful landscape in the resort, what I really loved during my visit there was the.... uhm .. bathtub. haha.. Yes, the bathtub. The very first thing that I usually inspect in a hotel room is the bathroom. The room was pretty cool with two queen sized beds and antique-ish furniture. But the bathroom really caught my attention. It was huge! The closet was there along with the shower area, vanity area and the toilet. The bathtub was located at the corner of the bathroom. Unlike the typical bathtub, it does not have a flat surface rather it has a step. It's a pear-shaped tub. Surely, you would not want to get out once you soaked your body on it.


unique bathtub
The staff were very friendly and courteous. Want more? Well, there is a reliable wi-fi connection everywhere! haha..


Palm trees and white sand.. amazing!
Undeniably, Plantation is a pleasurable place where you can have fun and at the same time, savor a relaxing ambiance. One thing is for sure - it's all worth the price. I shall return. See you again Plantation Bay Resort.





June 4, 2014