USS Experience: Not just for Kids!


I have been in Singapore many times. And I admit I never get tired of visiting the place. It seems like there are always new attractions to check out whenever I go there. Speaking of attractions, The Universal Studios Singapore is considered as one of the many must-visit places in the Land of Lion.






After a few visits in Singapore, I finally got a chance to experience USS. I felt so excited going inside. I was like a child staring and looking up at those replicas of famous buildings in the US such as the White House.

So it was time to enjoy the rides. 


Transformers



Bumble Bee!!! 

This ride got the longest line among the other rides. Both young ones and young adults were on queue. There are restrictions of course. The ride is not allowed for certain age range (little children), expectant moms and those with heart problems, etc. We waited patiently, then it was our time to experience Transformers ride. Scream all you can! Sudden fall and stops, bumps, visual effects and loud sounds made the entire experience UNFORGETTABLE. Once you've tried it, you would want to do it again and again. It was so much fun. I suddenly became a fan. ^_^


Revenge of the Mummy



Revenge of the Mummy fanatics

From the time we stepped inside the entrance, I felt like I was transported back in time in the land of Egypt. The ambiance was very convincing - mummy, Egyptian coffin and other aged items. It was almost our turn when the ride personnel announced that there were technical issues. So we waited instead of going back. After a few minutes, we were on it! My friend told me that I should be vigilant because a mummy will try to pull me. Let's get it on! The speed, turns, stops, fall, loud sounds and very impressive special effects made me dizzy. haha. The whole time I watched out for that mummy who might pull me - it turned out, my friend was just scaring me. Arg! We screamed at the top of our lungs. It was indeed a very thrilling ride.

Battlestar Galactica was under maintenance during that time so we were not able to try it. But I also doubt if I want to ride it. Whew! It looked so frightening. It was closed due to technical problems.


After those two mind-blowing rides, we decided to eat our lunch. Lunch time! The restaurant ambiance was very cool. It was made from huge rocks and bamboo poles. Just fantastic.



I like to move it move it! you like to move it! <3

When we got out from the restaurant, I was so surprised. We saw the cute Penguins from the Madagascar film entertaining the audience. Ohhhhhhhh they are so adorable. I really really love them. But I wasn't able to take pictures with them because the line was long.


Other rides were no longer as scary as the first two. But still we tried them.



Visited Princess Fiona and Shrek at the Far Far Away Castle

We tried Shrek 3D and dragon roller coaster. Then we went to Jurassic Park (Lost Word). It was a water ride; hence we expected to get wet and we did! My favorite ride was the Madagascar ride. It was very simple but very entertaining. So much fun.



Ready?! Get Set! WET!!! @ Jurassic Park

Later in the afternoon, famous characters in the USS paraded, including Madagascar casts, Revenge of the Mummy, Shrek and some Hollywood dream stars.



Puss....!!!! from Shrek

After the parade, we hurriedly went to the Waterworld show. It was like the main event. We opted to sit at the middle part so we won't get too wet. It was a very impressive show. The live effects, explosions and stunts were perfectly executed. Real airplane crashed into the water. Gun shots and real fire! Waterworld is worth watching.



casts, effects and stunts were incredible!

Because we enjoyed it much, we didn't realized it was already dark. On our way out, we passed by Spaghetti ride. My best friend begged us to try it so we did. It was entertaining with those cute Sesame Street characters.


It was time to go home. I was very tired. But the entire day was filled with fun memories and adventure that I will never forget! Nope USS is not just for kids. Universal Studios is in fact a perfect place to shake the stress away.


Nov. '13