Malaysia: Two Lost Girls


Yes and No!

Yes my friend and I were lost at first in Malaysia because I really thought the Petronas Towers are in KL Sentral. We reached Malaysia early dawn. And we didn't have any idea where we were. I tried to ask for directions. Communicating with the locals was a bit challenging, but I could sensed their eagerness to help. We were directed toward the nearest MRT station.

When we reached the MRT station, it was still closed but we just waited. At 6:00 AM, we got in, purchased our MRT coins and headed to KL Sentral. At KL Sentral MRT station, I tried to ask for direction again. And bwala! we found out that the Petronas Towers are in KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Centre) Arg..

We fixed ourselves first before hitting back to the MRT station. After just a few minutes, we arrived at KLCC. No we were no longer lost! *wink. The good thing about their MRTs is that most stations are just beside the largest shopping malls so you can always ask at the concierge for directions. KLCC MRT station is just beside Surta KLCC mall.


KL at early morning


It was still early around 7ish in the morning. First things first - look for a place to eat. I was so hungry (nothing new). We opted to have our breakfast at Rotiboy restaurant (it has a bakeshoppe too). I ordered American Breakfast at RM 10.90 (about PHP 148) which comprised  of 2 slices of ham, sunny side-up egg, toasts and beans. Yum!


My yummy breakfast

After our breakfast, we went outside the mall and relaxed at the park. The Petronas Twin Towers were just across the street. We took pictures and savor the tranquil moment. I tried to observe the surrounding: some people were on their office suits so obviously they were heading to their respective offices, other locals were jogging around the park and few park personnel were collecting trashes. What a wonderful sight. We even got a chance to talk to a local - she was very nice.


relaxing at the park

Later we decided to take a closer look at the Petronas towers. Standing in front of the towers, I felt so small - a dwarf in a huge castle - I thought. We then continued wandering around the area and bought some souvenirs.


Petronas Twin Towers .. and me

At around 11:00 AM, we made our way back to our pickup point at Berjaya Times Square. Going to this mall was a challenge but I relied on my instinct and my asking-for-directions skill.


Skyscrapers - Petronas Twin Towers from below. So tall

It was time to go. We waited outside the mall for our couch - it was so late! The rain suddenly poured. Honestly, I hated that situation because I was so tired. But then two women came to me and asked how to get to Petronas towers. I smiled and asked them if they are Filipino. haha. Now it was my time to give directions. I was so glad to help other people. The couch arrived. Time to rest after a few hours of exploring a small part of Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur.



It was almost Christmas when we visited KL


Nov. '13