Ice Skating: A Dream Come True

Living in a tropical country makes it impossible to play with snow right in our own yard. That is why it has been a childhood dream to feel the snow on my hand.

One fun activity to do on the ice is skating. I was inspired by the hockey themed movie "The Mighty Ducks". After seeing the film, I wanted to try ice skating. Unfortunately, there was no ice skating rink in our place during that time. Then I have watched different ice (figure) skating competitions and films which ignite more my interest to learn how to balance and dance (gracefully) on ice.

After three decades, I finally get a chance to try ice skating. Ice skating rinks are now available in the country but I opted to visit Singapore to do my first skate.

A quick checklist before stepping onto the ice:
Blades - Check
Socks - Check
Gloves (optional) - Check


pose before going inside the rink


And now I'm so ready to feel the ice.


This is it! going in now.. >_<

Arggg.. so slippery that I had to hold on the wall. But no worries, JCube ice skating rink has its personnel on board in case you fall.


Better hold first.

Since I am so eager to learn ice skating, I composed myself and tried to balance and glide on ice....


Getting there...

Whew! after just a few minutes, I was able to navigate and glide all over the rink....


Finally!

And so, I reached the middle of the rink with simple glides. ^_^


I don't want to go out. 

Oh yeah!!!!!.. T'was an achievement! I enjoyed it much and wanted to stay longer but it was getting late..


Grateful.

Ice skating is really fun (especially that I was with my friends). No wonder why many people fell in love with it. I wanna do it again! Now who's coming with me?! I shall return. :D