An Untitled Poem
The weather is so gloomy. And out of nowhere, I suddenly remember a poem that I came across when I was in high school. I found it on a newspaper page. I must admit, I have this so-called "hopeless romantic" thing running in my veins, though, I am not a big fan of romantic films (I mean except for Serendipity). Feeling truly what the writer wanted to express, I decided to take note of the verses. The meaning of the poem is so touching that it really amuses me up to this very moment. It entails deep emotion and true love. But the catch is, it is for someone who is no longer free. To whomever the author of this piece, allow me to share a few lines. And I'll quote...
"You came without your title and fame
No shining armor, a knight without a name
It all happened so fast
A certain kind of magic but didn't last
For a time we were so close, so fine
The kind that made me want you to be mine
But somebody owns you, somebody real
And you need to go home to that paper with a seal
You were in a rush, and I came too late
Nobody can comprehend the hands of fate
I thank the heavens for letting me know you
I cursed the time for having met you
But something caused for us to met
A feeling of warmth that makes our heart beat
To the rhythm that matches our song
To a time and place where we do not belong.. "
Main idea: Falling in love at the wrong person and at the wrong time. It really hurts; but, letting go of that person implies true love - as they say "if you love someone set them free". Eerrr.. This statement might not be applicable to everybody. But still, many believe (including me, I guess). Anyways, writing a poem does not really require good skills. It doesn't take a scientist to create this piece of writing. Nonetheless, composing a good poem demands genuine emotion in order for someone to put into writing what he/she feels inside. You don't have to be broken hearted or overly happy to craft one (Although these feelings could help). All in all, the untitled poem is just so heart-warming that I find it worth sharing. Enjoy reading!!!
