Fulfillment of Wandering in a Foreign Land
Traveling has got into my veins ever since I was young. I visited different places within the country. To name a few, these places include Camotes Island, Tacloban, Davao del Sur, Bukidnon, Misamis, Cagayan de Oro and various municipalities in Cebu province. As a young girl, it is just natural to dream big, to dream of being in another land someday whether to work or for pleasure. Oftentimes, I used to ask myself "How would it feels to be in other county?" During nighttime, I looked up at the sky and wonder “Does the sky looks the same even if I am in other place?”, “Does the moon and stars appear similar?” These are some of the funny yet innocent thoughts I had in my young mind.
One day, an opportunity came in for me to realize that dream. It was a chance that I couldn’t let slip away. And so, I prepared all my travel documents and booked a flight. Excitement filled me; but, I felt nervous thinking that I’ll be traveling alone. Also, it was my first time to ride a plane. Determination and self confidence reigned; so for the first time, I was out of the Philippine archipelago. The feeling was unexplainable. Happiness and astonishment are not even enough to describe how I felt when I stepped a foot on the airport.
![]() |
| Photo Credit: inmyownterms.com |
Learning the culture of the locals is one of the best things that I truly enjoy. Their practices and beliefs really amaze me. Although language barrier may arise, I never let it affect my stay. The locals are so friendly that it felt like I am just at home.
Another exciting thing to do is dining. Delicacies are so intriguing to taste, although not all since there are food that don’t really appeal to me like exotic food (I am not a fan). Nonetheless, food will always be food. There are no bad foods for a hungry stomach and intrigued mind. So, I filled up my tummy with sumptuous food stuff and drinks.
![]() |
| Photo Credit: phuket-boomerang.com |
Above all things, the most wonderful thing in traveling is discovering and visiting the tourist spots. Needless to say, travelers including myself are first attracted to the beautiful landmarks a certain place possesses. For tropical islands, the sparkling blue water is usually the main attraction. Others have wealthy history. Be it a beach, historical area, park, grand mall, luxurious restaurants or recreational resort, vacationers always see to it that they have captured memorable moments while on the place for souvenirs. Looking at the photographs lets you recall the wonderful time spent in that foreign land. Indeed! Experience brings satisfaction to a heart that loves to wander.


